I am a teacher, a student, a Thermomix consultant and a lover of all things food - creating, cooking, eating and sharing, so I hope you enjoy perusing this blog, feel free to leave comments and have a THERMO day!!

Need help?? Email me or leave a comment!!


Friday 8 April 2011

The Best Banana Bread




I got this recipe from my soon to be sister-in-law Lindy Loo, it can be made into muffins or be made into a loaf and enjoyed with some Thermomix butter or even some honey butter if you have a sweet tooth!! This is a great recipe for using up those super expensive and precious bananas that haven't been eaten and have gone brown, this recipe actually works much better with over ripe bananas like the ones below!! I found these in the fridge and should have frozen them (i peel and freeze bananas in snaplock bags) but I forgot about them til a week later!! So no matter how old they are (as long as they are not fermenting and festy) they are just fine for this recipe!!





Ummmmmm...no comment!!

I had 4 small bananas but 3 would be fine.

This cake is so quick, you'll need:

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.

150 grams sugar (white or raw would be fine)
125 grams butter (room temp)
2 eggs
3-4 over ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (cake aisle of supermarket) or 1 whole vanilla bean milled with the sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tblsp milk
165 grams wholemeal SR flour (make your own by milling 165 grams whole wheat and adding 2 tsp baking 'powder' before starting the recipe)

Mill grain 1 min/sp10 (if using wholegrains) and baking powder and sift on turbo for a second (closed lid position on dial)

Set aside

Mill sugar (with vanilla bean if using) for 10sec/sp 9.

Add butter and mix 20sec/sp 5.



Add bananas and mix 10sec/sp 5.

Pop in the butterfly and add all remaining ingredients including the flour and mix 20secs/sp 4.

Pour into cake tin or muffin tins and bake for 15-20 mins for muffins and 35-44 mins for loaf or when a skewer comes out clean from middle of the cake!!


Enjoy on it's own, with butter or even warm with some ice cream, deeelicious!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. Hi Miss TMAL
    I often have over-ripe bananas which I freeze for a rainy day! What a great way to use them up. Will let you know how successful I am with a borrowed TM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you had Thermomix even in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious and easy. Will try it asap. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,
    I made this yesterday and I wondered if using just wholewheat flour (I milled mine) would make it heavy. I did notice that it doesn't contain the usual amount of flour I see in other recipes, so I didn't change those proportions. Just wanted to check that you added 1 tsp baking soda even though you were using SR flour?
    It is the moistest banana bread I've ever made (whole family loved it!) and is going to be my new go-to recipe for banana bread. I also added 30g of cacao nibs at the end, which gave it a bit of crunch without adding the sweetness that choc chips does and it was great!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you this is divine! I am making this for the second time since yesterday. I just added some choc chips across the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant recipe. Thank you for sharing. I added a couple of handfuls of walnuts and milled it in the last 3 secs of the banana step. reduced the sugar to 90g and butter to 90g.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you use Pro active instead of butter?

    ReplyDelete