I am a teacher, a student, a Thermomix consultant and a lover of all things food - creating, cooking, eating and sharing, so I hope you enjoy perusing this blog, feel free to leave comments and have a THERMO day!!

Need help?? Email me or leave a comment!!


Thursday 7 April 2011

The BEST Christmas EVERRRRRRRRRRRR!!

You are probably wondering why I'm talking about last Christmas, but it was ONLY the GREATEST day of my life!! I got the surprise of my life when my mum and dad bought me a tv for chrissy. THEN when I opened the box, I saw 'TM31' and was so stunned that I burst in to tears!! SERIOUSLY!!
I learned later that EVERYONE knew about it but me!!
Aaaaanyway, I used it sooo much, as we had both sides of the extended family up at our place for chrissy.
I made a couple of sauces for the prawns (Dad buys 20kg every year), some cocktails, a couple of loads of the most AMAZING mashed potatoes to go with the spanish 'carriella' (braised beef cheeks) and all sorts of bits and pieces that made everything so much easier!!
Because I couldn't WAIT to use it, I decided to help Dad make some beer mustard to add to their chrissy hampers.
We used black and yellow mustard, and soaked it over night in some dark beer, then we mixed and cooked it in the beast, as you can see, we 'slightly' over filled it, and at one point, I thought we'd broken it, when I hadn't even had it for 24 hours!!!




Errrmmm, my bad!!


I DO NOT recommend to overfill the jug (this was before I'd had delivery from my wonderful consultant). Hehe


Dad jarring the moutard.

I thought I'd just throw this photo in to make you carnivores jealous. This is pork knuckle (the hind knuckle) that I bought from the good fellows at 'The Corner Butcher'. I cooked it in the German style, with a whole lot of beer and wacked it in the pizza oven, it was bloody amaaaaaaazing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment